1 May 2016
- Native graphical user interface based on Windows.
- Tight interface to CST DESIGN STUDIO™ and CST MICROWAVE STUDIO®.
- Transmission line modeling method for fast and accurate simulation of TEM propagation modes.
- Hybrid method combining the transmission line analysis with the 3D full wave analysis.
Harness Structure Modeling :
- Easy definition of complex harness topology from scratch.
- Import of harness definition files via NASTRAN or STEP AP212 (KBL) format.
- Interactive cable editing dialogs for generic cables like single wires, twisted cables, coaxial cables, and ribbon
- Definition of cable groups (any combination of generic cables)
Consideration of solid or braided shields in combination with any of the above cable types.
- Advanced definition and modeling of ground reference structures
Import of 3D CAD data from SAT, Autodesk Inventor®, IGES, VDAFS, STEP, ProE®, CATIA 4®, CATIA 5®,CoventorWare®, Mecadtron®, Nastran or STL.
- Builtin library of common cable types, with shareable userdefined library.
- Advanced navigator and selection manager.
- Various and powerful graphic views.
- Parametric cable definition .
Harness Electric Modeling :
- Automatic meshing and extraction of 2D transmission line parameters.
- Modelling all kinds of relevant cable types in any combination (single wire, ribbon cables, twisted pair, shielded
- Consideration of skin effect, proximity effect and dielectric loss in time and frequency domain.
- Consideration of transfer impedance for braided shields in time and frequency domain.
- Export of equivalent SPICE circuits.
- Export of radiation simulation data for EMI analyses.
Circuit Simulator :
- Schematic editor for passive and active device definition.
- Fast circuit simulation in time and frequency domain.
- Import of SPICE equivalent circuits (Berkley SPICE syntax).
- Support of IBIS models.
- Import and export of S-Parameter data via TOUCHSTONE file format.
- Parameterization of termination circuitry and parameter sweep .
3D Full Wave Solver :
- Cosimulation with CST MICROWAVE STUDIO®.
- Automatic transfer of impressed common mode currents on cable bundles from circuit simulator.
- Automatic transfer of induced voltages on cable bundles to circuit simulator.
- Advanced solid modelling of the definition of scattering or antenna structures.
- Import of 3D CAD data by SAT, Autodesk Inventor®, IGES, VDAFS, STEP, ProE®, CATIA 4®, CATIA 5®,CoventorWare®, Mecadtron®, Nastran or STL files for the definition of scatter and antenna structures.
- Plane wave excitation (linear, circular, elliptical polarization)
Ideal voltage and current sources for antenna excitation.
- Accurate and efficient time domain solvers, based on the Finite Integration Technique (FIT) or on the TransmissionLine Method (TLM).
- Fully automatic creation of hexahedral grids in combination with the PERFECT BOUNDARY APPROXIMATION (PBA)®, THIN SHEET TECHNIQUE (TST)™ or octree based meshing.
- Calculation of various electromagnetic quantities such as electric fields, magnetic fields, surface currents, voltages.
Minimum Hardware Requirements :
- Intel® Xeon® based PC, 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended), DVD drive, at least 30 GB of free hard disc space (60 GB recommended).
- Fully OpenGL compliant graphic card.
- Windows 7, Windows 2008 Server R2, Windows 8, Windows 2012 Server, Windows 8.1, Windows 2012 Server R2 and Windows 10.
- Hardware recommendation depends on your application. If in doubt, please contact your local sales office for further information. For further details, please see our hardware recommendations.