1 May 2016
- Native graphical user interface based on Windows.
- Tight interface to CST DESIGN STUDIO™.
- PEEC method specialized for the simulation of singlelayer and twolayer boards.
- Transmission line modeling method for SI analysis of highspeed multilayer PCBs.
- Specialized FEM method for PI analysis of highspeed multilayer PCBs.
PCB Structure Modeling :
- EDA import from Cadence Allegro/ADP/SiP.
- EDA import from Mentor Graphics Expedition.
- EDA import from Mentor Graphics PADS.
- EDA import from Mentor Graphics HyperLynx.
- EDA import from Zuken CR5000/8000 ASCII.
- EDA import from ODB++.
- PCB layout checker with automatic geometry healing.
- Interactive PCB editing tools.
- Advanced navigation through the PCB.
- Hiding/visibility selections.
PCB Electric Modeling :
- Automatic meshing and extraction of 3D PEEC models.
- Automatic meshing and extraction of 2D transmission line models.
- Automatic meshing and extraction 3D (FE FD) models.
- Automatic calculation of PDN impedances.
- Consideration of skineffect and dielectric loss in time and frequency domain.
- Export of SPICE equivalent circuits.
- Export of current distribution and near fields for EMI analysis.
- Advanced Export of PCB substructures to CST MICROWAVE STUDIO®.
- Decoupling capacitor (decap) tool, including discrete optimization and Pareto front calculation.
Circuit Simulator :
- Schematic editor for passive and active device definition.
- Fast circuit simulation in time and frequency domain.
- Import of SPICE equivalent circuits (Berkley SPICE and Synopsis® HSpice® syntax).
- Support of IBIS models.
- Import and export of SParameter data via TOUCHSTONE file format.
- Parameterization of termination circuitry and parameter sweep.
Minimum Hardware Requirements :
- Intel® Xeon® based PC, 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended), DVD drive, at least 30 GB of free hard disc space (60 GB recommended).
- Fully OpenGL compliant graphic card Windows 7, Windows 2008 Server R2, Windows 8, Windows 2012 Server, Windows 8.1, Windows 2012 Server R2 and Windows 10.
- Hardware recommendation depends on your application. If in doubt, please contact your local sales office for further information. For further details, please see our hardware recommendations.